Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Delicious one "pot" baked pasta

Well, since I started homeschooling my boys and with Big Brother started having his EIPIC classes frequently in the afternoons, I had stopped cooking so frequently. It had become too tedious to buy groceries with the boys and cook with them at home. I tried buying weekly groceries, but there are times where we don't cook for days and I really don't like the raw ingredients kept in the freezer for too long. 

Yet, having to eat outside food for too long can be sickening, especially if you have picky eaters who only eat that few stuffs. So, I started anyhow baking a one "tray" pasta and it was very very delicious! I posted a picture onto my social medias and some of you asked me for the recipe! Haha, I was stumped, because it was a anyhow cook. So for the sake of those who asked, I had actually tried and tested a few more times to find the perfect and foolproof way to bake the pasta for sharing! 

Baked Pasta with Broccoli, Chicken Sausages and Big Scallops 

I wonder why I hadn't thought of baking pasta earlier! For it has too many benefits:
  • One bake is enough to feed us (my two boys and I) lunch and also dinner for the whole family (including the hubby)! 
  • It's so easy to prepare and saves so much time! 
  • Washing is kept to minimal!
  • It's very flexible, you only need a few fixed ingredients, and can add whatever you have in the fridge!


Here's another bake with broccoli (hidden below), corn, smoked salmon, sausages and tomatoes. 

So, here I will share the steps to make you own baked pasta!

You will need:
A ceramic baking tray for baking the pasta in the oven

Ingredients required:
  1. Pasta of your choice + some salt
    (Amount I used is enough for 2 adults and 2 children in my family for 1 meal only. This is because with the added ingredients and cheese, the pasta will become very filling and can actually lasts us for two meals. To heat up before eating for second meal)
  2. Cut some veggies that your family likes into small sizes
    (I have mixed and used broccoli, sweet corns, potatoes and carrots. Basically, I always used veggies that my children will eat. :) 
  3. Meat of your choice
    (I have tried fresh and smoked salmon, scallops, and sausages. I have not tried using raw meat as our family is not really meat eater) 
  4. 150 to 200 ml of Marinara pasta sauce (I find this the most tasty, but you can change to other sauces that you like) (Amount also as desired, add more if your family love the sauce)
  5. 1 Egg
  6. 100ml Fresh Milk
  7. Mozzarella cheese (amount as you desired, more if you are cheese lover)
  8. Parmesan Cheese (amount as you desired, more if you are cheese lover)
  9. 1 tbsp pepper
  10. 1 tbsp sugar
  11. 1 tsp salt (or omit as the Marinara Sauce is already salty)
  12. 30g of butter (or as desired)
  13. Mini tomatoes as toppings (as desired)


Steps:
  1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 6 minutes. (do not overcook it as it will be cooked a second time in the oven later). Drain and set aside.
  2. Using the same pot, bring water to boil and blanch the cut vegetables for a few minutes (especially for broccoli and carrot, else it won't get cooked in the oven later) 
  3. Grease the baking tray with some oil
  4. In a bowl, add in the milk and pasta sauce. Break an egg and add into the bowl. Add in pepper, sugar and salt. Mix till combined.
  5. In a large mixing bowl, pour in the cooked pasta, vegetables and meat. Pour in the mixed sauce. Add mozzarella cheese and mix evenly.
  6. Pour the above into the baking tray, I tried to keep the vegetables below and pasta in the middle with the meat on the surface so that the vegetables won't be burnt, the pasta won't be too hard and meat will be well cook.
  7. Add in the other toppings like cut sausages, thawed frozen scallops or raw meat (if you used any). I also topped the pasta with mini tomatoes.
  8. Top the pasta with lots of parmesan cheese and some cut butter, evenly.
  9. Bake in oven at 200 degree for 20 to 25 mins, until top is golden and cheese melts.
    (Usually, I will start washing the pots, bowls and utensils used during this time)
  10. Serve and enjoy!
  11. Keep remaining back into the oven and heat up again before dinner! 

Hope your family will enjoy this one "tray" pasta as much as we did! :) 


If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I hope I can try this one for my picky eater toddler girl :)
    By the way, I am a SAHM from Manila who temporarily stays in Singapore because of my husband's work. I was wondering where you bought the ceramic baking dish, I would really really love to buy one and take it home with me when we go back to Manila.

    -- Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi Lauren, welcome you to Singapore. You should be able to buy one from departmental stores like takashimaya, Tangs, Robinson or John Little. Just need to Google them for the stores locations. They have stores located conveniently in orchard.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...