|Fresh from Oven Moist Double Chocolate Muffins|
As I started baking last year, it's so fun and addictive, I have move on to try baking different recipes. This is one of a good recipe that I found and tested, that I think anyone who loves Chocolates can try baking this too!
|Haha, I copied recipes I found into one book, and modified them as I bake and test!|
Note: Original recipe adapted from here. I have made some modifications to make it less sweet and also I use slightly lesser plain yogurt because I buy them in packs of 200ml (as i am lazy to measure it to be 240ml)
- 240g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 150g white sugar (i used lesser sugar than original recipe)
- 100g of chocolate chips (or any amount you desired, to suit your taste buds, i used hershey's semi sweet mini chocolate chips)
- 45g cocoa powder (i used hershey's cocoa powder. I used lesser cocoa powder than original recipe as i find the muffins very "heaty" ;p)
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla
- 200ml plain yogurt (i bought the 200ml pack from the supermarkets)
- 120ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 120ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 40g chocolate chips (i omit this as I do not want the muffins to be overly sweet)
- Preheat oven to 190 degree (or 200 degree if you are using a normal convection oven)
- Place paper cups in the muffin pan/cups
- Measure and put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside
- Measure and put all the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl. Combine them with a hand whisk
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to rid the lumps. I used to omit this step but I have started doing this as the muffins will really turn out more even and tastes nicer
- Add in your desired amount of chocolate chips and mix until all combined.
- Scoop batter into each paper cups until 2/3 full. Be careful not to put too much as batter mixture will raise by a lot!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
The end result will be this super aromatising, soft and moist, super super sinful Double Chocolate Muffins! I only bake this like once in a blue moon!
If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.