Friday, June 26, 2015

Recipe: Sinfully Moist Double Chocolate Muffins

Warning: This recipe will make you pile on weight! Read at your own risks!

Fresh from Oven Moist Double Chocolate Muffins

As I started baking last year, it's so fun and addictive, I have move on to try baking different recipes. This is one of a good recipe that I found and tested, that I think anyone who loves Chocolates can try baking this too!

Haha, I copied recipes I found into one book, and modified them as I bake and test!

Note: Original recipe adapted from here. I have made some modifications to make it less sweet and also I use slightly lesser plain yogurt because I buy them in packs of 200ml (as i am lazy to measure it to be 240ml)

Ingredients required:

Dry
  1. 240g (2 cups) all purpose flour
  2. 150g white sugar (i used lesser sugar than original recipe)
  3. 100g of chocolate chips (or any amount you desired, to suit your taste buds, i used hershey's semi sweet mini chocolate chips)
  4. 45g cocoa powder (i used hershey's cocoa powder. I used lesser cocoa powder than original recipe as i find the muffins very "heaty" ;p)
  5. 5ml (1 tsp) baking soda

Wet
  1. 1 egg
  2. 5ml (1tsp) vanilla
  3. 200ml plain yogurt (i bought the 200ml pack from the supermarkets)
  4. 120ml (1/2 cup) milk
  5. 120ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil (I used canola oil)

Optional toppings
  1. 40g chocolate chips (i omit this as I do not want the muffins to be overly sweet)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 190 degree (or 200 degree if you are using a normal convection oven)
  2. Place paper cups in the muffin pan/cups 
  3. Measure and put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside
  4. Measure and put all the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl. Combine them with a hand whisk
  5. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to rid the lumps. I used to omit this step but I have started doing this as the muffins will really turn out more even and tastes nicer
  6. Add in your desired amount of chocolate chips and mix until all combined.
  7. Scoop batter into each paper cups until 2/3 full. Be careful not to put too much as batter mixture will raise by a lot!
  8. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  9. Cool on wire rack.
  10. Enjoy!

The end result will be this super aromatising, soft and moist, super super sinful Double Chocolate Muffins! I only bake this like once in a blue moon!


If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...