Friday, January 30, 2015

Bye Bye Kyle?

It was a Fruity Friday which means we are suppose to pack fruits for the children to bring to school for snack. However I had forgotten to put the cut apples into Big Brother's backpack.

After I brought Big Brother to school, I was doing grocery shopping and suddenly remembered I forgotten to bring his apple snack! So i went home immediately to take it and bring it back to school.

When I arrived outside his class, it was about time for their next lesson (they are required to move from classroom to classroom for different lessons). I stood outside the closed door and heard the form teacher said "Bye Bye Kyle!" followed by the classmates going together "Bye Bye Kyle!" Some of them added " You cannot go!" "You will be alone here!"

And I heard his voice, he said "No! I will not be alone!"

The door opened, the teacher was shocked to find me standing outside. Kyle just finished wearing his shoes. Of course I know why! My son is slow. Whatever you asked him to do, he will be slow to react, as if he didn't hear you or he has too much on his mind to process the instructions. 

Recently the new chinese teacher complained to me , asking me to label his name big big outside his shoes so that he can find his shoes quickly. She said the whole class is always waiting for him.. But his shoes are already labeled on the insides and the teacher just do not understand that even if I let him wear red shoes to school, he will still be slow to wearing them. 

I am not sure if I am too sensitive, I am ok with the teachers complaining to me. But what the new form teacher did, lead the young and innocent classmates to follow into taunting my boy, who the teacher is aware that he has autism. Is it consider an act of ostracize?

I am not aware if my child minds, but I do not feel comfortable after hearing it myself. What will you do if you were me?



If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like his earlier unwillingness to go to school could be related to how the teachers and classmates are treating him. My blood boils upon hearing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for your comment! So it's not me too sensitive right? Actually my heart sank and was tearing inside when i heard what's going on.. but i didn't say anything because i do not want to be seen as over reacting. I guess i will talk to the teacher, cos regardless of whether my son knows what's going on or how he feel, i don't want him to go through that.. sobz.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. you are not too sensitive. The teacher is so mean.. you should have a good talk with the teacher to ensure such things do not happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in the end i didn't manage to have a good talk.. i withdrew my boy who has no problem in school (except the entering part in the mornings) bcos of another incident with the same teacher. i feel she is really very mean.

      Delete
  3. Every teacher should respect the child, I will probably change the school or request to change the class, now its a beginning of the year, still have so many months to go, personally I find that your son is pretty good considering he does not need teacher aide n also how u blog about your son. Otherwise do more surprise visits, request to join for outings, celebrations in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i requested to change class, but there is no vacancies. i won't change school again cos it will be difficult to adjust for my boy.. i have pulled him out and started homeschooling him! really OMG but i rather do it myself than let him suffer under intense fear and unnecessary pressures!

      Delete
  4. Even though they cannot express but they can 'feel' they are being treated unlovingly. These kids need lots of love and patience to excel.
    This comment no need to publish hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i believe my son can feel, that's why he kept telling me he is scared of the teacher and his friends.. he just dunno how to express himself more. sobz.. my heart feeling so broken for what my boy has gone thru under this teacher.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...