Friday, December 12, 2014

Our 6th Wedding Anniversary - Salt Grill & Sky Bar

It's been a long long time since Hubby & I have our couple time together. 

Prior to our 6th Wedding Anniversary in November, Hubby actually requested my parents if they can take some time off to help us mind our two boys for 24 hours! My mother said yes and so Hubby went ahead to plan a date full of surprises!

He told me to prepare the passports, bring along my makeup pouch and we don't need anything else. He promised that he will buy everything else that I required. (WOW! By now, I am still so in love and touched! My Hubby is SO MAN!) (Guys, it really pays off if you treat your wifey well!!!)

I had thought he was bringing me to Johor for a twenty-four hours getaway, but as he drove on, I kept on asking him "Hey! this direction don't need the passports leh!" Turned out that he was bringing me to the Salt Grill & Sky Bar for afternoon tea! Salt Grill & Sky Bar is located on the 55 and 56 levels of Ion Orchard.

Me & Hubby

The wines display at the entrance of resturant

We were seated right in front of one of the full window and the view is splendid!

The view right at our table

Even the Salt & Pepper Shakers are very stylish

When we reached there it was opened for After Tea, so we ordered the Afternoon Platter. While waiting for the food to arrive, we took pictures. :)

My Suave Hubby & I

I didn't want to appear too Sua Ku to take pictures of whole restaurant. So, here's part of it with my handsome hubby ;p

Our Afternoon Platter arrived

Such exquisite delicacies!

Ham & turkey Croque Madame

Smoked salmon, cucumber, chive, creme cheese on rye

Almond & cranberry florentines

Raspberry macarons

Scones

In short, we had a really great afternoon enjoying the tea, the exquisite afternoon platter, chatting with absolutely no interruption from our children! The food are ALL really very nice, except for portions very small. ;p

The summary of a very lovely and romantic date

Just for those who are keen, we ordered "The Afternoon Platter", which cost $30++ per person, inclusive of a tea or coffee. The Afternoon tea is only available between 2pm to 6pm daily. 

The Afternoon Platter consists of: 
Ham & turkey Croque Madame 
Smoked salmon, cucumber, chive, crème cheese on rye 
Coronation chicken sandwich 
Scones 
Chocolate & jam lamington 
Raspberry macaron 
Pâte de fruits 
Mini orange tart 
Chocolate delice 
Almond & cranberry Florentines

After we were done, we went up to ION Sky located on the 56th level. From there, we could almost walked one round to see the whole of Singapore! The view is breath-taking!

ION Sky is located on the 56th level

Looking down directly front front of ION Orchard

My favorite view

My favorite view zoomed in :) 

About Salt Grill & Sky Bar 

Salt grill & Sky bar by celebrity chef-restaurateur, Luke Mangan, presents a refreshed look with an added exclusive dining area on the 56th floor for diners seeking utmost privacy as well as a brand new bar on the mezzanine floor. The kitchen of the all-day restaurant is helmed by recently-appointed Chef Mathew Leighton, the youngest Executive Chef in the group. Serving modern Australian cuisine and New World Wines, diners can enjoy stunning views of Singapore amidst a modern-chic setting coupled with unparalleled service.

Address: 2 Orchard Turn, #55-01 & #56-01 ION Orchard, 238801 
Phone: +65-6592-5118
Website: http://www.saltgrill.com/

Opening Hours:
A La Carte 11:00 - 14:00 (Daily) 18:00 - 22:00 (Sun - Thurs) 18:00 - 22:30 (Fri & Sat) 
Executive Set Lunch: 11:00 - 14:00 (Weekdays) 
Brunch: 11:00 - 14:00 (Sat, Sun & PH) 
Afternoon Tea: 14:00 - 18:00 (Daily) 
Degustation: 11:00 - 14:00 (Daily) 18:00 - 21:30 (Daily)

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. This is just part one of a romantic getaway full planned and paid by my dearest Hubby. Thank You Hubby for this wonderful memory! Happy 6th Wedding Anniversary and a great 10 years together! Looking forward for the next ten year. :) 

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Many congratulations for your 6th wedding anniversary! It seems like you had great fun on this special day! Well dear I just got married at one of the beautiful San Diego Wedding venues. I will do something really special on my first wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...