|This is by far the most tasty muffins I ever make, and is also my boys' favorite!|
I had followed the recipe from Laura in the Kitchen and have since made changes to suit our taste buds. This is really simple and takes about 40 minutes from preparation to complete.
- 200g All Purpose Flour
- 5ml Baking Powder (1 tsp using measuring spoon)
- 2.5ml Baking Soda (1/2 tsp using measuring spoon)
- 2.5ml of Salt (1/2 tsp using measuring spoon)
- 10ml of Cinnamon Powder (2 tsp using measuring spoon)
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 120ml of Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 80g Sugar
- 5ml Vanilla Extract (1tsp using measuring spoon)
- 150g of Chocolate Chips, coated with 5 to 10g flour
2) In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and small amount flour. Mix until all the chocolate chips are coated in the flour. Set aside.
3) Measure and add the first 5 dry ingredients in a clean bowl. Stir to mix and set aside.
4) Add the peeled bananas into a large bowl and mashed them with a fork.
5) Add the next 4 ingredients (oil, eggs, sugar & vanilla) and mix until all combined.
6) Add the dry ingredients and mix until all combined.
7) Fold in the chocolate chip and flour mixture.
8) Scoop batter into each paper cups until 3/4 full.
9) Bake for 18 minutes.
10) Cool on wire rack.
- I have baked this recipe a couple of times. I tried it with only 100ml of vegetable oil when i used four bananas, and it turn out fine. :) I would prefer it with less oil.
- I have used 10ml of cinnamon as compared to only 2.5ml in the original recipe. Trust me, it's very good!
- I have also added the vanilla essence as compared to the original recipe.
- Initially I used 100g of sugar, but I feel that 80g is good enough. I prefer healthy bakes.
- After i scooped up half the batter to make my children's muffins, i added walnuts into the remaining batter for adults, and they are so so good! :)
- You can use any other vegetable oil like sunflower oil etc, but i wouldn't recommend olive oil as it has a strong smell
|I love Del Monte Bananas! They are the nicest!|
If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.