Friday, October 24, 2014

Easy Baking Recipe: Banana Chocolate Chips Yogurt Cake

As our family are hooked on the Pandan Yogurt Cakes, I used that recipe as a base and start coming up with new flavors to try. 

We have some bananas and i have chocolate chips in the fridge, so i made this Banana Chocolate Chips Yogurt Cakes and my sons (1 year old and 5 years old) love them very much!

this recipe yields me 14 cupcakes, 2 more than when i made the pandan yogurt cakes

Ingredients required:
  1. 180 gram all purpose flour 
  2. 10 ml baking powder 
  3. 2.5 ml salt 
  4. 200 ml plain yogurt 
  5. 100 gram sugar 
  6. 3 eggs, beaten 
  7. 10ml vanilla essence
  8. 120ml canola oil
  9. 2 large bananas, mashed
  10. 100g chocolate chips

if you are using small bananas, you can use 2.5 to 3 of them. mashed and set aside

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degree (for normal convection oven)
  2. Place paper cups in the muffin pan/cups 
  3. In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add in salt & sugar. Stir to mix. 
  4. Add in beaten eggs, yogurt, vanilla essence and oil. Stir until all mix. 
  5. Add in mashed banana and chocolate chips and stir to mix.
  6. Scoop batter into each paper cups until 3/4 full. 
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  8. Cool on wire rack.
  9. Enjoy!

the batter before mixing in the banana and chocolate chips

Notes:

  • Previously i used Paul's All Natural Yogurt (S$2.70 for 200ml) but recently, I found Alvas Plain Yogurt in Sheng Siong, that is manufactured in Singapore and at only S$1.20 for 200ml! Alvas is more sour, so be sure to increase the amount of sugar if you using it!
  • I tried using small eggs sometimes and it turned out fine
  • You can use any other vegetable oil like sunflower oil etc, but i wouldn't recommend olive oil as it has a strong smell
  • If you are using a Microwave Steam Oven like me, I would recommend baking with temperature 160/170 degree at 25 to 30 minutes

tadah! The final products smell and taste heavenly!

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...