As our family are hooked on the Pandan Yogurt Cakes, I used that recipe as a base and start coming up with new flavors to try.
We have some bananas and i have chocolate chips in the fridge, so i made this Banana Chocolate Chips Yogurt Cakes and my sons (1 year old and 5 years old) love them very much!
|this recipe yields me 14 cupcakes, 2 more than when i made the pandan yogurt cakes|
- 180 gram all purpose flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2.5 ml salt
- 200 ml plain yogurt
- 100 gram sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 120ml canola oil
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 100g chocolate chips
|if you are using small bananas, you can use 2.5 to 3 of them. mashed and set aside|
- Preheat oven to 180 degree (for normal convection oven)
- Place paper cups in the muffin pan/cups
- In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add in salt & sugar. Stir to mix.
- Add in beaten eggs, yogurt, vanilla essence and oil. Stir until all mix.
- Add in mashed banana and chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Scoop batter into each paper cups until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
|the batter before mixing in the banana and chocolate chips|
- Previously i used Paul's All Natural Yogurt (S$2.70 for 200ml) but recently, I found Alvas Plain Yogurt in Sheng Siong, that is manufactured in Singapore and at only S$1.20 for 200ml! Alvas is more sour, so be sure to increase the amount of sugar if you using it!
- I tried using small eggs sometimes and it turned out fine
- You can use any other vegetable oil like sunflower oil etc, but i wouldn't recommend olive oil as it has a strong smell
- If you are using a Microwave Steam Oven like me, I would recommend baking with temperature 160/170 degree at 25 to 30 minutes
|tadah! The final products smell and taste heavenly!|