Sunday, October 19, 2014

Easy Baking: Pandan Yogurt Cake

This is deliciously yummy! Read on to find out recipe! this is baked at 180 deg

I had originally follow the recipe from Little Corner Of Mine. However, thereafter I adjusted the ingredients and our family loves yogurt cakes so much that I start to adapt the same recipe to different flavors - mandarin orange yogurt cakes, banana chocolate chips yogurt cakes. It's so easy that I can get my 5 years old to assist me to bake theses cakes!

Here's to share with you the super easy recipe to bake this healthy yummilicious cake! I like pouring the batter into small muffins cups so we can eat without cutting, but you can actually bake it as a cake on its whole too. :)

Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients required:
  1. 180 gram all purpose flour 
  2. 10 ml baking powder 
  3. 2.5 ml salt 
  4. 200 ml plain yogurt 
  5. 100 gram sugar 
  6. 3 eggs, beaten 
  7. 2.5ml Pandan Paste 
  8. 120ml canola oil


Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degree (for normal convection oven)
  2. Place paper cups in the muffin pan/cups 
  3. In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add in salt & sugar. Stir to mix. 
  4. Add in beaten eggs, yogurt, pandan extract and oil. Stir until all mix. 
  5. Scoop batter into each paper cups until 3/4 full. 
  6. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  7. Cool on wire rack.
  8. Enjoy!


How the batter looks like when everything has been mix together

Notes:


  • Previously i used Paul's All Natural Yogurt (S$2.70 for 200ml) but recently, I found Alvas Plain Yogurt in Sheng Siong, that is manufactured in Singapore and at only S$1.20 for 200ml! Alvas is more sour, so be sure to increase the amount of sugar if you using it!
  • I tried using small eggs sometimes and it turned out fine
  • I bought the pandan paste from NTUC Fairprice
  • You can use any other vegetable oil like sunflower oil etc, but i wouldn't recommend olive oil as it has a strong smell
  • If you are using a Microwave Steam Oven like me, I would recommend baking with temperature 160/170 degree at 25 to 30 minutes

how my muffins looked like when baked at lower temperature

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. YUMS! Ok! We'll be trying these out! Then feedback to you when we do. : ) Thanks for sharing, no paiseh, good things must share! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...