Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fun for Free: Singapore Air Force Museum

I finally brought my children to the Singapore Air Force Museum!

If you have a boy or boys, I am sure they will love this place! They get to see various aircraft on display range from Singapore's first possessions: the Cessna 172K, BAC 167 Strikemaster and T-33 Shooting Star trainers, to early aircraft like Hawker Hunter and SF-260 SIAI Marchetti, and finally to more recent acquisitions including the UH-1B Helicopter and A4-S Skyhawk. Ok I don't know theses names. But to boys theses just fascinate them!

We went on a weekday afternoon, and i highly recommend you to consider going on a weekday because when we were there, we were the only visitors and had the whole museum to ourselves! I didn't had to worry about Kyle running amok or them making too much noise. :) 

Something to note though, I had naively thought that the Air Force Museum is located in the same area as the Air Base, so i drove and parked in the open air car park outside the base itself. Air Force Museum is actually located further up! If you are driving, you can park directly at the Museum compound itself. Parking is free! :)

And every children (including my baby) gets a Singapore Air Force Collar Pin to keep as souvenirs! 

Sharing some photos I took in the Air Force Museum:

Outdoor Gallery, Level 1













Indoor Gallery, Level Two

Reading about the beginning of our Singapore Air Force, made me really appreciate Mr Lee Kwan Yew and the pioneers who were heading Singapore during our independance. Without such foresight and resourcefulness, we really wouldn't be able to have such a safe and secure place to live in. Singapore had really come very far and advanced greatly within a short time span! 





a story on how the air force aided in the cable car rescue incident in 1983

The uniforms for male and female officers





If you are keen, please find more information about the Museum below.

Address: 400 Airport Road, Singapore 534234
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 8.30am to 5.00pm (Closed on Monday & Public Holidays)
Charges: Free admission for all
Getting there: Buses SBS 90 and 94 (Note: SBS 94 not available on Sunday)

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...