Tuesday, April 15, 2014

An Affordable Simple Breast Pump


I was one of the four lucky winners to receive a set of the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump for trial and review! 

Tommee Tippee is most well known for their Closer to Nature Baby bottles, which I sweared by, for more than four years ago, it has allowed very easy transition from direct latching to bottle feeding for my elder boy! I am very excited to try their newly launched breast pump to see what it's all about. 


Items included inside the box are:

* 1 x Single Breast Pump Unit, 
* 1 x Power Adapter
* 1 x Bottle Stand
* 1 x Closer to Nature Easi-Vent 150ml Baby Bottle with slow flow teat, 
* 1 x Milk Storage Pot, 
* 6 x Disposable Breast Pads and
* 1 x Microwave Steriliser Box


This Tommee Tippee Breast Pump is a standard single breast pump, with 4 settings to choose from: light, low, medium and high. It is recommended to start with the light mode to encourage milk let down, and then moving onto the setting that feels right for you. For me, i switched between low and medium mode, high is painful for me. :) 

I like that this breast pump is compatible with all my Tommee Tippee bottles! Since my baby is using them, there is no more need for me to pump and pour out! I can just pump direct into my tommee tippee bottles and screw on the teat for feeding!


While it comes with a power adapter, it's a pleasant surprise that the unit can also operate on 4 AAA batteries! It's also very lightweight and ultra portable! I like the flexibility that a battery operated breast pump provides, especially for moms that have to pump on the go, and if you are travelling, there is no need to worry about the differences with the power sockets or no need to purchase a power adapter converter. 


The breast pump comes with a unique soft silicone cup that makes it super comfortable to use. I feel it kinda help to massage the breast during expressing. The cup comes in a single size only (24mm) and provides a sealed and yet comfortable suction. The only thing i don't like is the discoloring of silicone products. As you can tell, this breast pump is brand new and yet the silicone breast shield is already yellowish. Repeated sterilisation will caused it to discolour further. 


Sterilising the breast pump parts is very very simple and convenient. You do not even need to buy or use your own steriliser. Just wash and put all items into the steriliser box and pour 100ml of water in. Cover up and put into the microwave and microwave for only 4 minutes! 

you just need 4 minutes to sterilise with the steriliser box

tadah! Sterilised! How convenient!

how to assemble the part before using

It looks like a lot of parts involved, assembling for the first time takes a while but once you get it, thereafter is a breeze! All items are BPA free.  I also noticed this breast pump compared to my older one, is very easy to wash! The actual parts that get in touch with the breast milk seems to be very little, for i could wash almost all the parts without soap and it's not oily from the breast milk at all. 


One thing though, there is no connectors on the tubing. So you just have to ensure that you push the tubing all the way in to that you do not lose suction power. The good thing about this - you can always easier replace the tubing yourself without paying expensive accessories parts right?

In summary, i would say Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump is an affordable single electric pump! I would recommend it to my friends who

* intend to short term breastfeed,
* like me, only require occasional expressing for baby to get use to drinking from bottles,
* requires a standby pump for emergency
* requires a second breast pump for home or office use

The recommended retail price for Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump is S$299. It is currently retailing at Mothercare and Kiddy Palace stores for more information.





Disclaimer: We were gifted a set of the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump for review purposes. No other form of compensation were involved. All opinions and images are my own, unless otherwise stated. Copyright 2014. 




If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...