Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Home Renovation - Light Up A Home Part 2

Previously, i shared about lighting up our home

In setting up our dream home with little budget, I have actually browse through magazines for ideas and gave a deep thought about it. It's still possible to create a very inviting and cosy home with little budget! My cosy home, a place where love ones would love to return to, has just 4 simple guidelines as below:

- Simple
- Bright 
- With Ambience
- Neat with no mess in sight
- Many cozy corners and personal spaces

If you like my renovation and would like to find out more about my ID, please feel free to drop me a note! :) 
Today, i will be sharing about the 2nd part on lighting up our home. 

My master bedroom itself has many light switches. A total of 7 light switches! 

where my switches are, in a compartment at my wardrobe meant for charging my mobile phone

Entrance Downlight

Cove Light

Special LED "spot" light at wardrobe


Isn't the effect of this light very nice? i heart my wardrobe to bits!

The special effect ceiling light which costs me only SGD65!

Cove lightings at our TV Plastered Wall



We have a normal light in the toilet.. this costs only SGD3.90 from IKEA!


And we modify the box up area given by HDB. Installed light tubes within and i changed the ugly open crossed covers to these translucent acrylic!

this is the original covers given by hdb

See how nice a lighting can transform a space!


If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



Joining Linky Parties:

So Oddly Dreamlike | Making a home

SANses.com's Talkative Thursdays


6 comments:

  1. Changing those covers were a great idea! Makes the toilet look so much nicer! :) We love getting lights from Ikea too, much cheaper! Can't wait to see the rest of your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi can you show a photo of the toilet light and is it bright enough for the toilet? It seems cheap and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi wei,

      the toilets lights are in the photos above. It's just normal fluorescent tube and we choose warm lightings (orangy lights) vs white lights so there is a nice ambience. It's very bright, in fact brighter than the normal toilet light which i installed in the centre of toilet (and is white elephant)

      Delete
  3. Cool! Thanks for sharing your home lighting, do you have any pics of the storeroom lights? My storeroom lights are the default one in the middle (using the burger light) and the bottom shelves of the storeroom racks are quite dark. Do you have the same problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes, my storeroom like is like a burger light too. But i bought it from Ikea to install myself. By default there is no lights at all in my flat. I only bought the base from Ikea, the light bulb i use the philips type, is very bright. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! Can i know if it is high energy consumption? and how do you clean the false ceiling?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...