Friday, September 20, 2013

{Review} Must Have First Aid for Home - Burnaid Gel Spray and Rapaid Skin Relief Cream

I never had a first aid kit before, until i have my first child, Kyle.

If you are a parent, you will agree with me that a first aid kit is really very important, especially when you have little children at home. Yet, from the time i became a first time parents till now, my first aid kit varies in its contents. I feel it's best to keep what is relevant so that you will not run into the trouble of having expired contents due to prolonged "not in use". Haha, i had my fair share of throwing away unused expired items, thus my sentiments.

Kyle is turning four and he is really super active. The little big adult in him makes him wants to be adventurous and participative in every thing adults do. That includes making milk, beating of the egg, hanging laundry and yes, going to the new house with me to monitor the renovation progresses. He loves watching me cut the food and cook which i dread the day he tells me he wants to try that too.

Last thursday, the carpenters came to our new house to install the cabinets. Both me and Kyle were really excited. We went up after lunch for a quick look and I was busy snapping pictures to show to hubby whom was overseas (as you can tell from pictures below).

 

Kyle whom was as excited as me was walking briskly about checking the uncles working on the cabinets and... the next moment, he slipped and fell! I carried him up immediately and asked him if everything is alright. He said he was fine and continued to run to the room to check on the uncle doing the wardrobe. I quickly snapped a few more pictures and asked him to leave the premises with me.

Only while waiting for the lift, Kyle then started telling me that his hand is in pain and i notice that there were some blood on Kyle's top and upon scrutinising every where on his whole body carefully, i found out that he had cut the side of his left hand! Sigh!! I was so guilty for not taking care of him more and  i knew that hubby will be scolding me. But then again, i reminded myself that my children are boys and it's ok for some cuts and bruises. Why should i constrained Kyle and refrained him from joining me just because i do not want him to get into accidents? I feel he is old enough to be exposed and this, is something really exciting in his life as well. Watching our bare empty home filled.

The first thing that came to my mind is to clean the wound and prevent infection! And thankfully in my bag, together with my anti-bacterial wet wipes, i had carried with me a small bottle of Burnaid which i received just the day before for review purposes. I knew that wet wipes alone is not enough and the house is too dusty for us to wash his wound in. Don't ask me why i carried the bottle of Burnaid with me, i read the words Fast Pain Relief and Prevent Infection and just feel it might come in handy.

I didn't want to use the wet wipes because i was afraid of rubbing the dust more into his wound. So i took out the spray used it for the first time by spraying generously on the wound area. I must share my experience with you:

1) Burnaid is actually gel but the spray really makes it very convenient. Immediately when I sprayed, it's a uniformed layer of Gel which will turn to liquid in a moment.
2) It allows me to treat the wound immediately to prevent any infection.
3) There is no rubbing or i don't even come into contact with Kyle's wound at all with my dusty hands
4) It's cooling and provides pain relief for Kyle.
5) Although it's meant for treating burns, it had worked really well in my case. I would say it work better than any antiseptic spray as it helps to numb the pain too. 

Upon reaching home, i quickly help to wash Kyle's wound. The only first aid cream that i have is Jorubi Aloe Vera gel but i wanted to apply something that can prevent inflammation and remembered i have a new box of Rapaid Skin Relief Cream. I quickly apply a thin layer of the cream on his wound and yes, i must said that it helped his wound to heal well and fast.

I am using the skin relief cream now too, for my eczema and heat rashes. I love that the product is very watery and easily absorbed into the skin. I love it more that it's absolutely not greasy at all! For me, i find that this skin relief cream works better than the aloe vera gel, probably due to it's antiseptic properties, my skin irritations heal faster. Both me and Big Brother Kyle are using the cream now to treat our heat rashes and insect bites. However, i had tried it on Baby Kyne (5 months old) but his skin is really sensitive. I wouldn't recommend this cream on infants. 

Note: I will be quite an inhumane mother if at those moments i can still snapped pictures of my child's wound and of me applying first aid for him. But i took some pictures now to share with you Kyle's healed wound as well as the texture.

The cut has healed almost completely leaving only peeling skin, all in just one week!
There were some abrasions as well, but they had already healed without any scars. 

The Burnaid Burn Gel Spray and Rapaid Skin Relief Cream

The Burnaid Gel Spray appears gel-like when sprayed onto the targeted treatment area

The Burnaid Gel Spray turning watery after a while

This is the Rapaid Skin Relief Cream



MORE INFORMATION


BURNAID

Burnaid provides fast relief for burns, scalds and sunburn. It helps prevent infection, and is extremely cooling and soothing.

Burnaid Gel can be used on the face and body. As it's water soluble, it can be easily rinsed off.

Burnaid Spray is easy to apply at any angle and is suited for use on the body.

How does Burnaid Assist?

* Natural tea tree oil gel cools the wound and provides pain relief
* Hydrogel base to keep the area moist
* Contains natural infection protection
* Available in dressing and gel form to suit varying treatment sites.

More information can be found at http://www.burnaid.com/.



Rapaid Skin Relief Cream


Ideal for dry skin, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, shingles.

Contains highly purified Tea Tree Oil, with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E

Non greasy base for excellent compatibility

Natural soothing and pain relieving properties

Nourishes, moisturises and helps manage inflammation to assist healing.

More information can be found at http://www.rapaid.com/rapaid-skin-relief-cream.html.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


The above mentioned products can be purchased at Guardian Pharmacy, NTUC Healthcare UNITY and Watsons Pharmacy. They can also be found at the Rise & Shine Expo 2013, so do look out for it on 27th to 29th September 2013, if you are there and keen to purchase. :) 

If you have queries about the product, you can go to http://www.hyphens.com.sg for more details. 


Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. i received products for reviews and is compensated for this blog post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own, unless stated. 



If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...