Monday, April 08, 2013

Tuesday's Thoughts : 20 questions about Pregnancy

Linking up with MummyMOO's Tuesday's Thoughts Linky, here's my answers to the 20 questions.

Kyle is my 1st child and Kyne is my 2nd child whom I am delivering in a few days time. :)

1. Was your pregnancy planned, and how old were you?

Nope for Kyle. We were really just newly wed then and didn't think that having a baby will be easy. We just let nature takes its course and didnt know i was actually pregnant when we thought i fell really sick. I was 26 then.

As for Kyne, we planned to have him but alas this baby took us exactly one long year to conceive!! Having Kyle so early after our wedding, I would have thought having a baby is an easy piece of cake! But to be honest, this long one year did made me so anxious.. and also I really learn to appreciate that every baby is a gift not to be taken granted of. I am still 30, turning 31 years old 10 days after giving birth to Kyne.

2. What were your reaction?

For Kyle, i was having stomach flu like symptoms (which we later realised were.morning sickness) as early as 6 days after baby dancing! It never occur to us at all that i was pregnant. I only bought a pregnancy test kit 3 weeks later upon my colleague's advice, cos i was still feeling unwell despite seeing the GP and changing medication three times.. imagine the shock to find two very clear positive lines. My hubby didn't believe the test kit and we went to buy another two only to read the same results. It was shock followed by extreme happiness followed by intense fear and insecurities as we didn't know if we were ready to change our lives and become parents!

As for Kyne, my menses were late by 3 days but because we were having a vacation in Malacca and having tested so many negatives in the 11 months before while TTC him, we waited till we were back in Singapore to test. And it was only after 10 days pass menses due date before I could finally get a positive test result on a digital test kit! I was elated!! Jumping high in the air!

3. How did you find out you were pregnant?

Kyle was tested positive very clearly on three test kits and I also went Raffles hospital to see a gynae and through the vaginal scan, was only able to see a very tiny sac and nothing else. Only after another two weeks or so, then we could see him with his heart beating very clearly during ultrasound.

As for Kyne, i tested on so many pregnancy test kits! I think i tried two on the 3rd day and one every other day until the 9th day past menses due date!! All the results were negative immediately and after very long of leaving the kit there, i could see a very very faint line where the positive should have been.. so fed up that I decided to spend more money on an Atas digital test kit cos I was tired of reading lines...

4. Who did you tell first?

Of cos hubby!!

5. Did you find out the sex?

Of course! Both my child showed my gynae their private parts really early like around 16 weeks just on the normal ultrasound!

6. Did you have morning sickness?

Yes for both pregnancies. But for Kyne, it was severe morning sickness where i was vomiting up to 10 times a day!

7.What did you crave? 

During Kyle's time, i love to eat soya beancurd, salmon, drink ribena and eat pasta mania spagetti and pizza. I was also super craving for meat including beef etc that i have never eaten before my whole life!

As for when I am carrying Kyne, I don't have much appetite but occasionally I have really weird cravings like for smelly tofu!

8. Who / What irritated you the most? 

Nothing in particular I can think of. But when I am.carrying Kyne, I am very sensitive to smell and many smells turned me off.. Urgh!!

9. Did you wish you had a different gender from what you obtained? 

I hope for a boy for #1 and got what i wish!! For #2, of cos I will reply to anyone that asked me if i wish for Boy or Girl that I hope it will be a girl.. to be honest, in the beginning when we ttc Kyne, I was hoping for a girl, but it took so long that i didn't care if it's a girl or boy anymore. I just want a healthy and happy baby.

10. How many kilos did you gain during the entire pregnancy? 

For Kyle, I was 43kg (cos just after the wedding ) and became 68kg!! A good 25kg?!

For Kyne, I was 48kg and is around 63.5kg now. About 16kg?

11. Where did you think the baby was conceived?

Kyle was conceived in Genting Highlands while Kyne was conceived at home.

12. Did you have any complications during the pregnancy? 

When I carried Kyle, I experienced premature labor at 32 weeks and was hospitalized in Kkh and managed to deliver him at 38 weeks.

The pregnancy of Kyne is more eventful as I had severe morning sickness, drug allergies, untreated Group Strep B infection etc

13. Where did you give birth?

Both my children in Thomson Medical Centre.

14. How many hours were you in labour?

Kyle - from time water burst till he crowns was only 3 hours plus.

Kyne I am not sure yet.. will update in another few days time. :)

15. Who watched you give birth?

Hubby, nurse and Gynae??

16. Was it natural, or C-Sect?

Natural

17. Did you take medication to ease the pain? 

I had epidural for Kyle and will also take epidural for Kyne.

18. When was your child born? 

11 Oct 2009 for Kyle

10 Apr 2013 for Kyne

19. What is his / her name?

Big brother: Cen Kay Den Kyle

Lil brother: Cen Kay Le Kyne

20. How old is he today? 

Kyle is turning 3.5 years old in a few days (42 months old)

Kyne is exactly 38 weeks + 1 day in my womb now. :)


MummyMOO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this :) and for reminding me that every child is a Gift, in His own time!

    Looking forward to seeing Kyne! Post pics, ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...